The salary for this position is negotiable, depending on experience.
As a Safety Engineer your responsibilities may include:
- Safety Analysis such as Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPs), Functional Failure Analysis (FFA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) in accordance with the NG safety processes and using guidance from Def Stan 00-056 and IEC61508;
- Generate safety requirements for the system to ensure that the customer’s safety targets and derived safety targets can be met by the system design;
- Presenting complex and reasoned safety arguments to internal and external stakeholders in order to influence their consideration of safety decisions;
- Working collaboratively within multi-disciplined teams to generate high quality and well-reasoned outputs;
- Supporting audits at internal and external design reviews and safety committee meetings;
- Undertake production of reports as requested by contract, customer, or project.
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and reliable team members, whom demonstrate the following skills:
- Proven experience in delivering and communicating Systems Safety within the UK Defence industry, a degree, HND or HNC in Engineering or Safety Management related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in Systems Safety Engineering;
- Awareness, understanding and application of international and defence standards such as IEC 61508 and Def Stan 00-056;
- Awareness of safety assurance of COTS PE based systems or high integrity software;
- Experience in safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Functional Failure Analysis;
- Awareness, understanding and application of the tools and techniques used in Risk Assessments and developing ALARP justifications;
- Current in-service MoD support environment engineering knowledge and experience (Desirable);
- Experience in maintenance and maintenance planning with the Marine or Weapons engineering departments (Desirable);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong IT skills (including MS Office programmes);
- High ethos, high value with strong interpersonal skills.
It should be noted that to be considered for this role, you must be a UK national and eligible to hold UK Security Clearance at SC level.
To apply, email us at Recruitment@xpeditegoc.com